Do you want to win some cool prizes, like an iPod Touch, a digital camera package, or free movie tickets?
Here is your chance. Next week, students in Wood County will be able to participate in The New Cool contest. Here are the details and all of the official rules:
- The 5-day Contest will run October 1st -5th.
- Students between the ages of 12 and 18 who lives in Wood County or attends a school district in Wood County are eligible for the contest.
- Each day, participating students will be required to provide their first and last name, school district, grade, age, email and cell phone number for winner notification. To make sure the winner attends a Wood County school we will verify enrollment of each winner.
- Each day of the contest, a question will be posted between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. The questions will require the student to search the website to find the answer. The answer(s) to all of the questions can be found somewhere on www.thenewcool.info Web site. Once the question is posted, students have until 7 a.m. the following morning to answer it. A new question will be posted each day of the contest. The correct answers will be posted on the The New Cool Web site on Monday, October 8.
- Only one correct answer per student per day will be entered in the drawing, allowing students to have as many as 5 entries for the week. Names of the five winners will be chosen at the Red Ribbon Kick-off luncheon on October 19. Winners will be notified by phone, or by e-mail. One prize per contestant. Once a prize is awarded, it cannot be traded for a different prize. If a student’s name is chosen a second time, a new winning name will be chosen for the next available prize.
- Prizes will consist of: an Apple iPod Touch, a digital camera package, four general admission tickets to a BGSU hockey, football or basketball game of your choice (up to $80 total value, not valid on “premium” games), a $50 gift card to Wal-Mart, and two passes to the Levis Commons Movie Theater. An additional 50 New Cool bookbags will also be given away.
- Winners whose names are chosen will be awarded prizes in the order in which the names are chosen, matched with the order in which the prizes are listed above. If for any reason a student is found to be ineligible, a replacement winner will be chosen from the remaining names.
- Winners will be required to claim their prize from the Wood County Educational Service Center, 1867 N. Research Dr., Bowling Green, OH, during regular business hours by October 31, unless other arrangements are made. Winners will be required to sign a form indicating they received the prize.
- Family members of ATOD staff will not be allowed to participate.
- Prizes are subject to change at the discretion of ESC staff.